Tools for Parents launched by ParentingRomania.ro
TestCentral, a company specialized in editing psychological tests, has announced on 16th of December 2015 the launch of ParentingRomania.ro, an online platform containing tests aimed at helping parents screen their children from the first months of life until adolescence.
The platform brings online a series of questionnaires traditionally available only in the offices of psychologists, allowing personalized assessment of children. The tests are gold standards scientific instruments, used worldwide and calibrated on the Romanian population by the platform developer.
ParentingRomania.ro provides users with a selection of the most famous international tests:
- Behavior Assessment System for Children – Second Edition (BASC-2) – tool that analyzes in detail the personality, behavior and emotions of children aged 2 to 11 years.
- Adaptive Behavior Assessment System – Second Edition (ABAS-II) – questionnaire that assesses whether the child (from newborn to adult) has learned all skills required for day to day life, through comparative analysis between what they do and what they should do at their respective age.
- Autism Spectrum Rating Scales (ASRS) – questionnaire to measure behaviors associated with autistic disorders in children between 2 and 12 years.
- Conners 3 – instrument assessing attention deficit and hyperactivity disorders (ADHD, Attention – Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder) and related disorders in children aged 6 to 12 years.
- Learning Styles Inventory (LSI) – inventory which measures preferences, temperament and learning styles of pupils over 8 years.
They can be purchased online and can be completed by parents, teachers and even by the evaluated children (if they are over nine years old). Besides these assessment tools, the platform integrates tests for career orientation available to young people on the PeMeserie.ro platform.
“The initiative was born in Romania from observing a less conscious need of the market: psychological screening of children. Psychological evaluation is still a taboo subject in Romania, which is why most parents with children go to an ophthalmologist, dentist and different activities, but never come to a psychologist. Also, although more and more parents are concerned with the principles of healthy education, most often they apply <recipes> and miss the most important point – the uniqueness of each child,” explains Steluta Peleasa, coordinator of the platform and head of social programs at Psyence group.
TestCentral, the developer of ParentingRomania.ro, is active on the local market for over 10 years and is part of the Psyence group of business applied psychology.